Remember the classics like Sholay, Golmaal, Mr India. Of course, you do. If you are a movie buff like me, you will agree that kids’ vacation is the time to relive our childhood. It was a time when screen time was very limited…not because we had very strict parenting regime but because there was only one channel, the legendary DoorDarshan, which aired movies only twice a week. Though we didn’t have much of a choice there, we made sure that every movie was watched with family in spite of News highlight breaks and Nirma ads in between. Didn’t we?
So Kids’ vacation is the time to do the same. Watch the classics. And believe me, it is more fun than ever. So get your bucket of popcorn ready, pile up those pillows and let the show begin.
I have listed a few classics which are suitable for various age-groups (although these are almost age-less).
1) Sholay- Do I need to say anything else?
2) Mr India- One of the best science fiction movies made in India. Everything is so awesome about it. A watch that can you make you invisible- beat that Doraemon.
3) Golmaal – The one featuring Amol Palekar and Utpal Dutt is a must watch for your kid. (This one also reminds that you could have a hearty laugh without the double meaning dialogues and profanities also).
4) Andaz Apna Apna- Have a laughter blast with this amazing time-less classic. Just ignore the hideous female (if you have seen AAA, you would know whom I am referring to).
5) Chupke Chupke- And this makes me go Awwww! Who wouldn’t love the adorable Pyare Mohan and Parimal.
And here a list of movies for those who find animations oh-so-cute.
1) The Jungle Book- This Kipling creation is an absolute must watch.
2) Aladdin- Magic, mystic and adorable Aladdin and Princess Jasmine. How can you keep your kid away from this one.
3) George of the Jungle- Let George take you to the trip of the jungle.
4) Duck Tales-The Movie- Your kid is going to fall in love in Huey, Dewey and Louie. Just like you did when you were young.
5) He-Man- Introduce your kid to the “Master of the Universe”.
And then you have the classics like Baby’s Day Out, Dunstan Checks In, Dennis the Menace, Home Alone Series, Lion King, Harry Potter, Karate kid and so on. Too many movies and only a couple of months of vacations. Well, save some for next year. After all, there is so much more to do this year.
Choose a classic from the list given here or pull out something from your memory bank. But don’t forget to share with me which movie you watched with your precious.
Like what you just read? How about a pat on the back by leaving a comment! Don't agree with my line of thought? Let me know that too..