26 days of blogging- 26 different books or authors. It is difficult to choose 26 titles from the ocean of literature. But it is important to give back the love I have received from reading. I chose 26 books/authors I have loved most. I also look at it as my way to encouraging people to read more and spread love of books.
On a lighter note, being a bibliophile is not easy (neither is it a choice). The side effects are tremendous and sometimes land you up in funny situations. You would understand if you share a similar love for books.
- If you see somebody reading a book (on airport, stations, trains anywhere), there is a strong desire to go the title and see if you have read it(or can read it).
- Everyone around you will receive a book (or bookmarks, bookends) as a gift followed by a summary about the book irrespective of the fact that they might not use it ever.
- Anybody manhandling a book will receive a generous dose of advice (read rebuke).
- You might delay meals, avoid phone calls, skip daily routines like bathing to finish that chapter.
- You often bring up fictional characters in real-life conversations and refer to them as if they were real. And then go on to narrate the whole plot to completely clueless audience.
- Authors are your favourite people. You would even prefer them over a Bollywood celebrity or a cricketer.
Wishing all fellow bloggers participating in the challenge a hearty BEST LUCK!! And an extra helping of ALL THE BEST for debutantes like me.